Best Summer Dresses
Summer is on its way and it is time to pull out all of the summer things! Hands down one of my favorite things to wear during the hot months are dresses! They keep me cool and are incredibly easy to throw on. There is nothing worse than looking for a top to match that skirt or pair of shorts, especially in a time crunch! One easy dress and you are out the door. However, finding the perfect dress that fits your style and budget can be hard. Hopefully, this guide of the best summer dresses will help you find just what you are looking for!
Btw, let me be clear. These are normal summer dresses, not maternity, although there is a lot that will work with a bump.
The Trendiest Summer Dresses For 2021
Every summer we tend to see a few dresses that everyone seems to have! This year smocked dresses are everywhere (which I am totally here for) and midi romantic floral dresses are the print to wear. Also, Hill House’s Nap Dress has exploded on my feed! Don’t want to pay that price though? Here is a dupe for it!. Be on the lookout for puff sleeves and high necklines as well! Enjoy some of the trendiest dresses for 2021 below.
Best Summer Dresses Under 100
Whether you have baby showers or weddings to (finally) go to this summer, these dresses are what you are looking for! All under $100, so you can still look amazing without breaking the bank.
Best Summer Dresses on Amazon
Who doesn’t love a good Amazon find?! These dresses are all on prime!
Best Lightweight Summer Dress
Anyone else lives someplace where it is really hot with super high humidity? I actually love those hot summer months, but I make sure that I dress appropriately for it, which means choosing lightweights fabrics and styles that don’t cling to my body.
Affordable Summer Dresses (Under $50)
Finding dresses can be really hard especially on a budget, but all of these are under $50. I chose a wide variety of styles so that there is a dress to fit every need!
Need to just run a quick errand, but still want to look cute while staying cool? Every dress below is super casual and keeps getting dressed easy.
Best Online Shops To Buy Summer Dresses
Need a place where you can go over and over again to find exactly the dress you are looking for? These online shops all are incredibly reliable and have great quality clothes at decent prices.
- Red Dress– Hands down one of my favorite places to buy dresses or just clothes in general. I find that the quality of clothes is amazing and the shipping is fast and reliable. They have a 14-day return policy if you don’t like an item or need another size. Side note- when shopping with any online boutique or shop, I would always check the exchange/return policy before placing an order. You never want to be surprised if you suddenly can’t make an exchange or if only store credit is issued.
- Tuckernuck – I fall in love with every single piece that appears on Tuckernuck. The brands they carry are undeniably unique with their gorgeous prints, colors, and designs. However, Tuckernuck runs on the pricey side, so be on the lookout for sales!
- Petal & Pup – This online boutique has some of the cutest dresses not only for summer but all year around. The quality is great as well as their price point. Just a warning though! Their dresses tend to sell out pretty quickly, so if you spot a dress you absolutely love- don’t wait!
Best Summer Dress Brands
This one is a difficult one because there are so many amazing brands that carry the most gorgeous dresses and clothes! Some of the brands that I mention below are on the pricier side however, the quality is superior.
- Olivia James The Label – Olivia James designed the perfect summer dresses! Her prints are stunning and the colors are fresh and beautiful. The easiest place to shop her latest designs is the Monkees Boutique in Mount Pleasant or Red Dress.
- Lilly Pulitzer – No one does a beautiful summer dress like Lilly Pulitzer. Queen of all things colorful, there is something to be said about a brand that makes you feel like you should be at a tropical resort.
- Emerson Fry – If you are into gorgeous block prints, beach caftans, and flowy materials, then Emerson Fry is about to become your favorite place to shop! I can’t get enough of these beach dresses and are perfect if you live somewhere hot and humid.
Summer Dress Tips & FAQ’s
What shoes look good with a summer dress?
The wonderful thing about dresses is that anything goes! You can make almost any dress more casual or dressy depending on your shoe choice. White sneakers are super trendy right now and pair well with t-shirt dresses, but you will even see the classic Keds being worn with floral midi’s. My personal favorite is a classic nude sandal. You can wear these sandals no matter the style of dress unless it’s super formal then opt for a nude heel.
What do you wear with a summer dress?
Where can I buy nice summer dresses online?
Make sure to see the “best online shops” above! However, the shops listed above are more boutique-type stores. Nordstrom and Bloomingdales are amazing places to buy dresses online. I always say that you cannot beat Nordstrom’s customer service! Bloomingdales has a great selection as well and recently I have been introduced to the brand Aqua, which is a Bloomingdale’s exclusive. At both stores, you can find dresses at all price points and for every occasion.
What are the best accessories to wear with a summer dress?
With summer dresses, I always think of the word “light.” I try to stay away from anything bulky or heavy which included chunky necklaces and handbags. Simple jewelry and clutches are perfect accessories with maybe the expectation of a great statement earring. I have an amazing blog post coming soon about my favorite clutches for summer! Headbands are also a great option too as they can keep the hair out of your face. Don’t forget a sunhat too! Maybe the ultimate summer accessory, sun hats will keep you cool and protect your skin from the sun!
Which summer dress will you be choosing this season?!
All My Love,